Facing problems with keeping yourself warm while camping in the car or going on a long drive during cold weather? Then maybe investing in an electric car blanket is the right choice for you.
What are the best electric car blankets? Here is the list of the top 8 best electric car blankets you can buy.
- Stalwart 12 Volt Fleece Electric Car Blanket Travel Throw
- Zone Tech 12 Volts Car Travel Blanket
- Ariliya Electric Car Blanket Heated Throw
- Vremi Electric Throw Heated Car Blanket
- Audrew 12 Volts and 24 Volts Electric Car Heated Blanket
- Thermee Micro Flannel Electric Blanket
- Sojoy Heated Smart Multifunctional Travel Electric Blanket
- iHealthComfort DC 12 Volts Electric Heated Blanket
An electric car blanket is not a blanket only for electric cars. It is a blanket designed to keep you warm and is powered by a battery. It contains electrical wiring and comes with a remote or control unit that adjusts the amount of heat radiated by the blanket by pulsating a varied amount of current.
Why are Electric Car Blankets Popular?
Electric car blankets have become popular today because they are a kind of heater installed in the shape of clothing.
Blankets are not just coming in the shape of being put on your legs, but they also come in a poncho style so you can look fashionable while staying warmed up in the freezing temperatures.
In addition to car or van heaters, electric car blankets are a popular choice, especially for people that live on the road and want to make their van conversion life easier. Be it an overnight road trip or a long drive; an electric car blanket can come in handy at any time.
Read is it worth it to buy a used electric car?
Best Electric Car Blankets
Not only are they easy to carry, but they cost way less than an actual blanket, giving you a business class upgrade in your car. So here’s a list of the eight best electric car blankets for new buyers!
1. Stalwart 12 Volt Fleece Electric Car Blanket Travel Throw
The first pick for the best electric car blankets is by the brand Stalwart, which comes with 12 volts that means it will have a matching voltage socket that can be plugged into any car, RV, or truck. It will keep pushing out controlled amounts of heat until you have it plugged in.
It also has a long wire about 96 inches long, allowing even a passenger in the back seat to put it on themselves for warmth. So now you don’t have to worry about your kids in the backseat shivering from cold.
If you are looking to get a budget-friendly Christmas gift or want to add an item to your auto emergency kit, then this is a perfect product to get.
Not only will it serve as a great Christmas gift, but it can also come in handy if your car is stuck in cold weather and you need something to warm yourself up.
This blanket is lightweight, which means that it is easy to carry with thin internal wiring. It can be easily folded and hence, stored in any compartment of your car or truck without taking up too much space.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Foldable for easy storage
- 12 volts
- It can be used in any vehicle
- Great Christmas gift choice
- It can be added to an emergency vehicle kit
- A backseat passenger can use it
- It can get too hot; the temperature is not that easily adjustable
Check out Pros and cons of buying used electric cars
2. Zone Tech 12 Volts Car Travel Blanket
If you are looking for a premium quality fabric in an electric car blanket, then Zone Tech is the brand for you. The car travel blanket is made from polar fleece material sourced from polyester and provides insulation.
So not only is the material itself trapping heat, but it is also electrically providing you with warmth along with durability and long-lasting comfort. You don’t have to just use it during winter road trips; you can even use it during breezy and windy summers.
This is a must-have item because of its versatility and affordable price point. Due to its foldability feature, it can be easily stored in the backseat or trunk of your car without taking up extra space.
It can also become a makeshift pillow for you or for children, allowing you to have a good night’s rest without waking up to shoulder or neck pains.
For people that live on the road, love boating, or camp a lot, this is one of your go-to travel companions that always comes in handy. This is also large enough to spread over two people, making for a good bonding experience or a cozy snuggling time.
- Made from premium polar fleece material for maximum insulation and comfort
- Large enough to be shared by two people
- A must-have travel companion for boating, camping, or road trips
- It can be folded for easy storage
- It can be converted into a pillow for sleeping
- It comes with remote control for adjusting the temperature
- It cannot completely run on just a car battery
Read 10 Electric Cars That Are Worth Buying (under £30,000)
3. Ariliya Electric Car Blanket Heated Throw
Having pain in your joints or suffering from sore muscles? Then Ariliya’s Electric Car Blanket is a perfect relief for you. Unlike ordinary heated blankets, it is made from a super-soft polyester material, which means you will be enveloped in soft warmth, delivering long-lasting comfort.
If you are worried about being overheated, don’t worry because this comes with different size heating levels adjusted accordingly from 75 F to 115 F.
This blanket has the function of automatically powering off after 3 hours to prevent you from further being too overheated during your nap or sleep. If you want to just use it in the summer weather, then all you need to do is turn off the controller.
It is certified by ETL, and it can also be washed after detaching the controller in the case of getting stained. That way, you can have a hygienic experience of warmth. If you incur any problems with the blanket, then you can avail of a 3-year warranty on this which is worth every penny!
- Six heating levels from 75 F to 115 F
- Suitable for people suffering from sore muscles or joint pains
- Made from soft polyester material for long-lasting comfort
- Automatically powers off after 3 hours
- It can be machine or hand washed easily
- ETL certified
- 3-year warranty
- Once the blanket powers off after 3 hours, you have to unplug it and then put it back on the same heat setting, making it a tedious job.
Read Best Portable Electric Car Heaters
4. Vremi Electric Throw Heated Car Blanket
Made from a high-quality flannel fleece fabric, this electric car blanket brings with itself a feeling of homeliness and warmth, making it a perfect companion to snuggle into on winter nights.
For those, that are fans of having heating pads under their mattresses, you would love this electric blanket. This is because it has an internal heating pad with built-in microwires that distribute the heat evenly at a rapid pace.
Give your tired muscles a warm relief by draping them across your shoulders or wrapping them around your legs. This electric car blanket is also designed with a detachable cord that is 10 feet long, so it can be used in a truck or by a passenger in the car’s back seat.
It also comes with 6 heat levels starting from 85 F to 110 F. By being ETL certified, you can be sure that your sleeping experience in the car or on the study table will be upgraded!
We know blankets need to be washed and dried; this is why Vremi’s electric car blanket is designed to convenient not just for washing but also for being put in the dryer.
- Made from lightweight flannel fleece fabric for extra comfort
- ETL certified
- It can be hand or machine washed and put in a dryer
- It has 6 heating levels from 85 F – 110 F
- It comes with a heating pad inside
- The heat level doesn’t heat up properly to a 100 F
Read How many solar panels does it take to charge an electric car?
5. Audrew 12 Volts and 24 Volts Electric Car Heated Blanket
Suppose you are on the lookout for a dual socket accompanying an electric car blanket. In that case, Audrew’s heated blanket is the perfect pick for you.
You see, it comes with not just 12 volts socket but a 24 volts socket as well which means the blanket can be plugged in any type of socket outside of the car as well.
You can stay heated up until you unplug the cord, which, mind you, is nearly 70 inches long is more than 6 feet long.
If you are a backpacker or roadie, you would love to know that this blanket can be folded in a suitcase or backpack or stored in a trunk. It can also be converted into a makeshift bed or sleeping pillow, depending upon your need.
Its anti-pilling polar fleece material can come in handy during the beginning of winter mornings, and it will last you for years.
Snuggle up this winter or make it into a Christmas gift for a loved one; the electric blanket is here to bring you a hug of warmth.
- 70 inches long cord
- Intelligent remote control
- It consists of anti-pilling polar fleece material
- It has a dual-socket of 12 and 24 volts
- Foldable for easy storage
- It might not warm up evenly
- This is not ETL certified
6. Thermee Micro Flannel Electric Blanket
This electric car blanket provides you with the ultimate luxury through its 7-layer micro-flannel material. You can stretch your toes in this luxurious blanket with satin trim and a diamond stitch, adding elegance to comfort.
Suppose you are looking for the latest upgrades in heated blankets. In that case, this one comes with a new version of a controller with a backlit powering off automatically after a 40 seconds gap.
It also has thinner wires so that they are not poking you and distributing the warmth evenly.
Unlike the standard six heat levels, it has ten levels with a 10-hour framework, after which it disconnects. So this will give you a good night’s sleep and not a 3-hour nap. You can even program it for up to 12 hours.
Another upgraded feature of this blanket is that it has a 17-foot long cord which means that it can be used outside of the cars during camping where the electric source is far away.
- With seven innovative layers of fleece material along with satin trim
- Ten levels of heating; more than standard six heating levels
- 70 feet long cord, longer than the standard size
- Anti-shrink and anti-pill to prevent shrinking and fading
- Made from double-brushed smooth and wrinkle-free polyester so you can machine wash it easily
- It can be used as a bed throw as well.
- There might be issues with heating.
Check out Planning to Buy a 7-Seater Electric Car? Best Options to Consider
7. Sojoy Heated Smart Multifunctional Travel Electric Blanket
If you love cuddling with soft toys or pillows, this is exactly what this travel blanket will make you feel like. It is made from deluxe and soft fleece material and comes in an extra-large size.
To get the perfect heat therapy for sore muscles, this comes with 3 heat settings that you can adjust according to your desired warmth.
We know you doubt too much heat, but that issue has also been taken care of. This is because Sojoy’s electric car blanket comes with an automatic turn-off after 60 minutes of consistent use and with an add-on of thermostat plus a fuse.
This feature will not just prevent you from becoming overheated but will also save the energy consumed.
Hygiene is a very important factor in what you wear, and that should be the same for the electric car blanket. That is why Sojoy’s travel blanket is a machine and hand washable but, the water temperature should not be above 40 degrees Celsius.
You can have any of your backseat passengers drape it on themselves because it comes with a 70 inches long cord.
- Deluxe soft fleece material to imitate the softness of a soft toy
- It comes with 3 levels of heating to adjust the temperature
- Prevents overheating by automatically powering off after 1 hour
- It can be easily hand or machine washed
- Passengers can wear it in the backseat due to the 70-inch long cord
- It can only be used in vehicles
8. iHealthComfort DC 12 Volts Electric Heated Blanket
Protect yourself this winter with comfortable warmth radiated through this electric heated blanket made of premium fleece material.
You can easily nap on those long drives or overnight road trips without shivering in cold and feeling just as if you are at home.
This electric car blanket comes with a DC 12 volts that can be universally plugged into any car, truck, boat, home, office, or van socket.
This blanket’s heat will automatically power off after 45 minutes to prevent you from becoming overheated and suffering in your sleep. This function will allow you to not panic if you have left your blanket plugged into a car.
Due to its size and features, it can be easily and folded and carried anywhere you go. You can even gift it to your loved ones as a Christmas present but, do not put it in a washing machine because it is not machine washable.
- Made from premium fleece material that provides insulation and comfort
- You can leave it in your car plugged in because it will disconnect after 45 minutes
- It can be used in several places outside the car due to this DC 12 volts.
- It can be given as a Christmas gift
- It is not machine or hand-washable; if you get a stain on it, you would have to clean it using a wet cloth.
Important Features to Consider When Buying an Electric Car Blanket
When you purchase an electric car blanket, you need to keep in mind that it should have a 12 volts socket because this is compatible with nearly all vehicles.
You should also make sure that it comes with a long enough cord so that people at the car’s back seat can also drape it on themselves.
Having a washable electric car blanket is a bonus feature because you don’t have to be extremely cautious about staining it or worrying that it will forever remain dirty. Being lightweight and foldable are essential characteristics so that you can store them easily in the trunk of your car.
Answer: While you technically can use an electric blanket in your car, it’s not the best idea. The problem with using an electric blanket in a car is that it can overheat the interior and cause a fire. In fact, most electric blankets come with a warning label telling users not to use them in cars. But some electric blankets are made with a low voltage and are safe to use in a car, while others have a higher voltage and could be dangerous.
Instead of using an electric blanket in your car, try using fleece or heavy shawl to keep warm. Fleece is a good insulator and will help keep you warm without overheating the interior of your car.
Answer: A car battery can run an electric blanket for up to 12 hours. The blanket will gradually lose warmth as the battery runs down, so it’s a good idea to turn it off before the battery is completely drained. Otherwise, you might find yourself shivering in the morning!
Answer: Yes, they can. The added resistance in the electrical system caused by the blanket can cause a drop in voltage and increased load on the alternator, which can lead to a drained battery.
Answer: Yes, a power bank can power an electric blanket. However, the amount of time it would take to charge the electric blanket would depend on the size and capacity of the power bank. For example, if you have a 20,000 mAh power bank, it would be able to fully charge an electric blanket in about 10 hours. But if you have a 10,000 mAh power bank, it would only be able to charge an electric blanket in about 5 hours.
You may like:
- Compare electric car and hybrid car
- 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Purchase an Electric Car
- Best Electric Car Vacuum Cleaners
- How to travel in electric cars: Everything you need to know
- Which Electric Car Companies Are Leading the World?
We know electric car blankets can seem daunting, and you may be skeptical about whether you can get electrocuted or experience overheating, but with the advancement of modern technology, such concerns are addressed.
We’d recommend our top pick to be Thermee Micro Flannel Electric Blanket because not only has does it 10 different heat settings, but the long cord that it comes with is also of the longest size from our list of the 8 best electric car blankets.
Let us know which one do you think is the best electric car blanket for you?
My name is Matthew, staying in Seattle, Washington. Electric Vehicles (Electric Cars & Electric bikes) caught my attention for the last few years and my love for electric cars and bikes is everlasting. I spend many of my weekends traveling to various places all over various cities with my electric vehicle (e-bike and electric car). Here I am sharing my expertise, experience, and invaluable information about electric cars and electric bikes. Check out more.