If you have a Tesla, you know it’s different from any other car. Teslas are electric cars, requiring a little extra care when washing and keeping them clean. This blog post will show you how to put your Tesla into car wash mode so it’s easier to clean.
Plus, we’ll tell you some tips for keeping your Tesla looking its best! Keep reading for more information.
What is Car Wash Mode in Tesla?
Car wash mode is a feature in Tesla cars that allows the car to be washed without damaging the paint or electronics. You can activate the mode from the car’s settings menu. Once activated, the car will drive into the car wash bay and park in the correct position.
The doors will then close, and the car will begin the wash cycle. The car wash mode can be canceled at any time by the driver.
When the car is in car wash mode, the following things happen:
- The doors close and seal tight to keep water out
- The car enters a low-power state to minimize water usage
- The exterior lights turn off
- The wipers turn on
- The car starts the wash cycle
Once the wash cycle is complete, the car will exit the car wash bay and return to its previous state.
Benefits of Tesla Wash Mode
Tesla’s car wash mode is a great feature that can save you time and money. It allows you to wash your car at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods and is much faster. Here are some of the benefits of using this car wash mode:
Car washes can be expensive, especially if you go to a professional service. This car wash mode lets you wash your car at a fraction of the cost.
Washing your car can take a lot of time, especially if you do it by hand. It is much faster, so you can save yourself some time.
This unique mode is also very convenient to use. You can do it anytime and don’t have to visit a special location.
Car washes can use water, harming the environment. This model is much more environmentally friendly as it minimizes water wastage.
Better for Your Car
Car washes can be tough on your car. Tesla’s car wash mode is gentler, so it’s better for your car’s paint and finishes.
If you’re looking to save time and money and be more environmentally friendly, car wash mode is the way.
How to Activate Tesla Car Wash Mode?
If you’re lucky enough to own a Tesla, you probably want to keep it looking its best. Knowing how to activate Tesla’s car wash mode is so important.
When your Tesla is in car wash mode, the car will automatically raise itself so that the bottom of the car is higher than the top. This prevents the brushes from reaching the paint and causing any harm.
- You’ll need to open the settings menu first to put your Tesla in car wash mode. To do this, press and hold down on the “T” icon in the top-right corner of the screen. After a few seconds, the settings menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the “Vehicle” section and tap on “Vehicle Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Wash Mode” setting and tap on it.
- Tap the “Enable” button to turn on car wash mode.
Once car wash mode is enabled, you’ll see a message on the screen that says “Car Wash Mode Enabled.” You can now take your Tesla to the car wash and have it cleaned without worry!
How to Wash Tesla at Home?
Tesla owners love their cars for many reasons. They’re high-tech, fun to drive, and environmentally friendly. But one thing they don’t love is having to wash them.
Teslas are notoriously difficult to clean, and even the most experienced car wash professionals can have trouble getting them sparkling clean.
If you’re a Tesla owner, don’t despair. You can make your Tesla look new again with a little elbow grease and the right technique. Here’s how to wash your Tesla:
Start with a Clean Car
The first step is to make sure it’s clean, to begin with. The importance of starting with a clean car while washing your Tesla cannot be understated. Not only will it make the process easier and faster, but it will also help you avoid scratching or damaging the paint.
Cleaning the car means removing any dirt, dust, or debris from the car’s surface. If you don’t do this, you’ll just be spreading around the dirt and making it more difficult to remove later.
Choose the Right Soap
It is important to choose the right soap for several reasons. Firstly, using the wrong soap can damage the paintwork and cause premature aging. Secondly, using the wrong soap can also cause streaks and spots on the glass, which can be difficult to remove.
Finally, using the wrong soap can leave a film on the interior surfaces of your Tesla, which can be difficult to remove and may cause allergic reactions in some people.
When choosing a soap to use on your Tesla, it is important to choose one designed specifically for car use. There are many different brands and types of car wash soap available, so it is important to read the labels carefully to ensure that you choose the right product for your vehicle.
Many car wash soaps are designed for specific types of paint, so it is important to choose a soap that is compatible with the type of paint on your Tesla.
Fill a Bucket with Soapy Water
Once you’ve chosen the right soap, it’s time to fill a bucket with soapy water. You’ll want to use enough water to completely submerge your wash mitt or sponge. The soapy water should have a desirable concentration, according to your Tesla. Once the soapy water is prepared, you are ready to wash your car.
Wash the Car from Top to Bottom
It is important to wash the car from top to bottom while keeping your Tesla clean. This means you should start washing the roof and work your way down the car’s sides.
Be sure to pay special attention to the areas around the windows and mirrors, which are often the dirtiest areas on a car. Once you have washed the main body of the car, you can then move on to washing the wheels and tires.
It is important to wash your Tesla regularly to keep it looking its best. A clean car will also help to protect the paintwork from damage caused by dirt and grime. If you do not wash your car regularly, the paintwork can become dull and faded.
Rinse the Car with Clean Water
Once you’ve finished washing the car, it’s important to rinse it off with clean water. When you rinse your Tesla with clean water, you ensure that any residual soap or dirt is removed from the surface.
This helps to prevent these elements from causing deterioration to the paint or finish of your car. Additionally, rinsing with clean water can help prevent any water spots from forming on the surface of your car.
Dry the Car with a Clean Towel
After you have washed your Tesla, it is important to dry it off completely. A clean towel can help to absorb any moisture and prevent water spots. Be sure to dry off the windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces to avoid streaks.
Tesla’s paint is also susceptible to water spots, so be sure to dry that off. Once your Tesla is completely dry, you can take the clean towel away and enjoy your clean car.
Following these simple steps, you can wash your Tesla at home and avoid the hassle and expense of taking it to a professional car wash. With a little time and effort, you’ll have your Tesla look like new again.
Washing the Tires and Wheels of the Tesla
Keeping your Tesla tires and wheels clean is important to maintain optimal performance and extend your lifespan. There are a few different ways to wash tires and wheels, but the most effective is using a pressure washer. Here are some tips on how to pressure wash your Tesla’s tires and wheels:
- Set the pressure washer to a low setting, and hold the wand about six inches away from the tire.
- Move the wand in a circular motion around the entire circumference of the tire.
- Rinse off the tire with water from a hose or bucket.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on each of the Tesla’s wheels.
- Dry the tires and wheels with a clean towel.
With these simple steps, you can keep your Tesla tires and wheels clean and prolong their life.
Do’s and Don’ts of Washing Tesla
One of the most important things you can do to maintain your Tesla is to keep it clean. This includes washing it regularly. Here are some tips on how to properly wash your Tesla:
- Use a mild soap or car wash solution and soft cloths or sponges. You don’t want to use anything too harsh on the paint or interior
- Dry your Tesla with a soft cloth or chamois. This will help prevent water spots from forming on the paint
- Wax your Tesla regularly. This will help protect the paint and keep it looking shiny
- Clean the glass on your Tesla. This will help improve visibility and prevent streaks
- Clean the wheels and tires on your Tesla. This will help keep them looking their best and prevent brake dust from building up
- Wash your Tesla in the shade. This will help prevent the soap from drying on the surface and causing streaks
- Don’t use a pressure washer on the body of the Tesla. This can cause damage to the paint and body
- Don’t forget to rinse off all of the soap. Any soap left on the surface can attract dirt and cause stains
- Don’t use a dirty towel to dry your Tesla. This can transfer dirt and other contaminants to the surface of the car
- Don’t use petroleum-based wax on your Tesla, as it can harm the paint and finish
- Don’t use a harsh cleaner on the glass; it can scratch the surface and cause streaks
Tips for Keeping Your Tesla Looking its Best
If you own a Tesla, chances are you want to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
- Regular washing is key. At least once a week, give your Tesla a good wash, paying special attention to the wheels and underbody. This will help keep the paint fresh and prevent dirt and grime.
- Waxing your Tesla will help protect the paint and keep it looking shiny. Be sure to use a good quality wax specifically designed for automobiles.
- Touch up any chips or scratches in the paint as soon as possible. This will help prevent rust from forming and keep your Tesla looking its best.
- Keep the interior of your Tesla clean and free of dirt and debris. Regular vacuuming and dusting will help prolong the life of your upholstery and carpets.
- Protecting your Tesla from the elements is important if you live in an area with strong winters. Invest in a good quality car cover to protect your Tesla from snow and ice.
Teslas are expensive cars, so you want to ensure you take care of them. Following these simple tips will help you keep your Tesla looking its best.
Tesla has made it very easy to put your car into wash mode. All you need to do is press the washer button on the touchscreen and hold it for two seconds. This will take your car into automatic wash mode, where the front and rear windshield wipers will start cleaning the windows. If you want to cancel wash mode before it completes, press any other button on the touchscreen.
You may also like:
- Tesla Vs. Maserati
- What is the Tesla Creep Mode and How Does it Work?
- What is the Tesla Stopping Mode and How Does it Work?
- Why Do People Tap The Tesla Charger?
- Why Does My Tesla AC Smell Bad?
- How to Put Tesla in Tow Mode
- Should I Recharge My Electric Car Every Day?
- How Often to Change Tesla Coolant
- The Definitive Guide to Cleaning Tesla Vegan Leather Seats
- Cleaning the White Seats of a Tesla Electric Vehicle
My name is Matthew, staying in Seattle, Washington. Electric Vehicles (Electric Cars & Electric bikes) caught my attention for the last few years and my love for electric cars and bikes is everlasting. I spend many of my weekends traveling to various places all over various cities with my electric vehicle (e-bike and electric car). Here I am sharing my expertise, experience, and invaluable information about electric cars and electric bikes. Check out more.