With the Tesla Model 3, Elon Musk’s company has successfully brought an electric car within reach of the middle class.
The new Tesla Model 3 isn’t just the most affordable vehicle from the electric car maker yet; it’s also one of the safest, with its 4-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
With its lower starting price, longer range, and faster acceleration comes higher performance, so you’ll need to make sure your Model 3 stays on the road no matter what Mother Nature throws at it.
Of course, the best way to guarantee your safety on the road is to keep your tires fully inflated and in good condition.
For those looking to replace their tires soon, remember that Tesla recommends using only high-performance tires, which can increase your vehicle’s range and performance by up to 10%.
To help you pick out the best set of tires, we have put together this guide on the 13 best tires for the Tesla Model 3 so that you can feel confident that your purchase won’t let you down.
1. Goodyear Assurance MaxLife
- When it comes to choosing tires, there are many factors to consider. Safety, performance, and durability are all important considerations. However, one tire that offers all of these benefits is the Goodyear Assurance MaxLife.
- Its unique tread design provides excellent grip in wet and dry conditions, and its reinforced sidewalls help resist punctures.
- In addition, the Assurance MaxLife is built to withstand years of tough use. Its special compound helps extend the tire’s life, making it an ideal choice for daily commuters and long-distance travelers.
- The only downside to these tires is that they’re not cheap, but they’re worth the price.
- Whether looking for a safe tire for your family car or a durable option for your RV, the Goodyear Assurance MaxLife is a great choice.
2. Michelin Primacy MXM4
- The Michelin Primacy MXM4 is a popular tire choice for the Tesla Model 3. Designed for luxury performance vehicles, the Primacy MXM4 offers a comfortable ride and excellent handling in both dry and wet conditions.
- The tire’s tread pattern is optimized for minimized noise and increased traction, making it an excellent choice for those who want a quiet and comfortable ride.
- The Primacy MXM4 has been tested to perform well in various conditions and comes with a standard manufacturer’s warranty.
- When choosing the right tires for your Tesla Model 3, the Michelin Primacy MXM4 should be at the top of your list.
Also read: 500 Mile Range Electric Car
3. Continental ProContact RX
- The Continental ProContact RX is a tire specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3. It is an all-season tire that offers excellent traction and handling in dry, wet, and winter conditions.
- The ProContact RX features a unique tread pattern that helps to reduce road noise and provides a comfortable ride.
- In addition, the ProContact RX has a reinforced sidewall that helps to protect against punctures and other damage.
- The Continental ProContact RX is an excellent choice for owners of the Tesla Model 3 looking for a tire that offers superior performance in all weather conditions.
4. Bridgestone Potenza Sport
- The Bridgestone Potenza Sport is a high-performance tire that has been specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3.
- The tire features an asymmetric tread design that helps to improve grip and handling, while the wide contact patch provides excellent traction and braking.
- The Potenza Sport also features a durable rubber compound that helps to resist wear, even when driving on high-speed roads.
- In addition, the tire has been constructed with a special tread pattern that helps to reduce road noise.
- The Potenza Sport’s main drawback is that it doesn’t ride very well over bumps and makes a lot of noise while driving on poor roads.
- Overall, the Bridgestone Potenza Sport is an excellent choice for those looking for a high-performance tire that can handle the rigors of high-speed driving.
5. Pirelli P Zero (PZ4):
- The Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) is a high-performance tire specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3. The tire offers excellent grip and handling, and its sidewalls are reinforced to increase durability.
- In terms of specifications, the PZero (PZ4) has a width of 225mm and an aspect ratio of 40%. It also features a unique tread pattern that helps to improve traction in wet weather conditions.
- Overall, the PZero (PZ4) is an excellent tire option for the Tesla Model 3 and provides good value for money.
- However, some users have reported that the tire haze can be quite noticeable and may require regular cleaning to maintain its original appearance.
- Nevertheless, the PZero (PZ4) is a great option for anyone looking for a high-performance tire for their Tesla Model 3.
6. Michelin CrossClimate 2
- The Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a premium tire that offers excellent performance in various conditions.
- Built with a durable rubber compound, the CrossClimate 2 is designed to withstand the rigors of everyday driving. The tire’s multicell compound helps to resist wear, while its reinforced sidewalls provide added stability and handling.
- The CrossClimate 2 also features an asymmetric tread pattern that provides grip in both dry and wet conditions.
- Despite its many positive attributes, there are a few potential drawbacks to the Michelin CrossClimate 2. First, the tire is relatively expensive, which may make it prohibitive for some buyers. And secondly, it might not be suitable for other vehicles due to size.
- Overall, the Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a high-quality tire with excellent performance and long-term durability. However, its high price tag and limited availability may make it less attractive to some consumers.
Click to read: Why do Electric Cars Depreciate so Fast?
7. Continental PureContact LS
- The Continental PureContact LS is a premium tire that has been designed specifically for the Tesla Model 3.
- It features a unique tread pattern that helps improve traction and handling, while the sidewalls are constructed from a special blend of rubber designed to resist wear and tear.
- The tires also feature a Kevlar-reinforced inner layer that helps to protect against punctures.
- In terms of performance, the Continental PureContact LS offers excellent grip and handling, even in wet or icy conditions.
- However, some owners have reported that the tires can be noisy on highways, and they may not last as long as some other brands.
- Overall, the Continental PureContact LS is a high-quality tire that performs well in all conditions but may be slightly more expensive than some other options.
8. Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3
- The Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 is a premium tire that has been specifically designed for use on Tesla Model 3 vehicles.
- With a focus on providing excellent grip and handling in winter conditions, the Winter Sottozero 3 features a special tread compound that remains pliable even in extremely cold temperatures. The result is a tire that provides exceptional traction on dry and wet roads.
- In addition, the Winter Sottozero 3 features a special snowflake symbol that indicates its suitability for use in winter conditions.
- While the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 is an excellent tire, it should be noted that it is significantly more expensive than other winter tires on the market.
9. Vredestein Wintrac Pro
- The Vredestein Wintrac Pro is a high-performance tire that has been designed specifically for the Tesla Model 3.
- The Wintrac Pro offers excellent grip and handling in both dry and wet conditions, and its advanced tread design helps to reduce road noise.
- The tire’s robust construction makes it resistant to punctures and other damage. Regarding drawbacks, the Wintrac Pro is one of the more expensive tires on the market.
- However, its excellent performance and durability make it worth the investment.
10. Nokian zLine V710
- The Nokian zLine V710 is a high-performance tire specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3.
- The tire features a unique tread pattern that helps to improve grip and handling, while the sidewalls are reinforced to provide extra stability and durability.
- The Nokian zLine V710 also has an asymmetric tread design that helps to reduce noise levels and improve fuel economy.
- Overall, the Nokian zLine V710 is an excellent choice for the Tesla Model 3, and it provides great value for money.
11. Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06
- The Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus is a tire specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3. The company advertises it as having “exceptional dry and wet traction” and a “quiet, comfortable ride.”
- It is also billed as an “all-season tire.”
- In terms of specs, the DWS06 Plus has a tread depth of 10/32″ and a load index of 99. The speed rating is V, which means it can be driven at up to 149 mph.
- As for the build quality, the DWS06 Plus features two steel belts, two polyester cord plies, and a nylon overlay.
- The tire also has a bead sealer to help prevent leaks.
- As for the pros and cons, some users have praised the DWS06 Plus for its quiet ride and good grip in both dry and wet conditions.
- However, others have complained about the tire’s short lifespan and high price.
- Overall, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus is a tire that offers good performance but may not be worth the cost for some users.
12. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is a high-performance tire designed for Tesla model 3.
- The Pilot Sport 4S offers excellent grip and handling, making it a great choice for drivers who want to get the most out of their vehicle.
- The tire also delivers excellent durability, meaning that it can withstand the rigors of high-speed driving.
- Moreover, the Pilot Sport 4S is not without its drawbacks. The tire is significantly more expensive than other options on the market and can be noisy when driven on the highway.
- However, if you are looking for a tire that will give you the best possible performance, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is a great option.
13. Firestone Destination LE2
- The Firestone Destination LE2 is a tire designed specifically for the Tesla Model 3.
- It features a special tread compound that helps improve wear resistance and traction, and the sidewalls are reinforced to provide superior handling.
- The Firestone Destination LE2 also has a unique tread pattern that helps to reduce road noise.
- In terms of built quality, the Firestone Destination LE2 features a steel-belted construction that provides excellent durability.
- However, some users have reported that the tire can be noisy on rough roads.
- Overall, the Firestone Destination LE2 is a great option for the Tesla Model 3 and offers excellent price value.
Also click: What Happens if an Electric Car Gets Wet?
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying Tires for Your Electric Car in the US
When it comes to electric cars in the United States, one of the most important things to keep in mind is the type of tires you’ll need.
While there are a variety of different types of tires on the market, not all of them are well-suited for electric cars.
In general, you’ll want to look for tires that are designed to reduce rolling resistance. This is important because electric cars rely on battery power to move, and every bit of energy counts.
Additionally, you’ll want to ensure that the tires you select can handle the extra weight of an electric car.
This is due to the fact that electric cars tend to be heavier than their gasoline-powered counterparts.
By keeping these things in mind, you can be sure to select the best possible tires for your electric car in Virginia.
After reading this article, you should better understand what to look for when shopping for tires for your Tesla Model 3.
You should also feel more confident in choosing the right tires for your car. Remember, the best tires for your Tesla Model 3 may not be the same as those for another vehicle.
With so many options on the market, it’s important to do your research and choose the tires that will work best for your car and driving habits.
Also, you may like:
- Best Electric Cars for Uber in the USA
- How to Improve an Electric Car’s Range? [Useful Tips]
- Who Pays for Electric Car Charging Stations
- Are Electric Car Batteries Bad for the Environment?
- The Definitive Comparison Between BMW i3 and Tesla Model 3
- What You Should Know About Cabin Overheat Protection in Tesla EVs? [7 Reasons]
- Can You Tow a Tesla Using a Tow Truck? [11 Main Reasons]
- Is It Possible to Jumpstart a Tesla?
My name is Matthew, staying in Seattle, Washington. Electric Vehicles (Electric Cars & Electric bikes) caught my attention for the last few years and my love for electric cars and bikes is everlasting. I spend many of my weekends traveling to various places all over various cities with my electric vehicle (e-bike and electric car). Here I am sharing my expertise, experience, and invaluable information about electric cars and electric bikes. Check out more.